(Registered in Guernsey)
(Registration number 64865)
LSE share code: STP JSE share code: STP
("Stenprop" or the "Company")
26 March 2020
Stenprop is today providing an update on the impact of COVID-19 on its business and the measures it is taking to manage the risks presented by the virus.
· Our focus is on managing cash resources very carefully and maintaining liquidity in the business. We currently have £60 million of unrestricted cash reserves.
· Our overall loan-to-value ratio (LTV) stands at approximately 40.7% based on the most recent property valuations as at 30 September 2019 and adjusted for subsequent acquisitions and disposals. When unrestricted cash is deducted from loans, the LTV is 29.6%. Total debt stands at £219.9 million. The portfolio weighted average interest rate is 2.61%.
· Significant headroom exists for both interest cover and LTV loan covenants. LTV covenants allow for an average 33% reduction in values from the levels last reported (adjusted for acquisitions and disposals). This measure increases to 44% when unrestricted cash is included. Loan facilities subject to debt service cover ratio covenants allow for an average reduction in net rents of 64%.
· Last week we completed the refinancing of the loan in relation to the Trafalgar Court property in Guernsey. The refinancing will take effect on 31 March 2020. The £28.0 million loan has been extended for two years, maturing on 31 March 2022.
· Approximately 57% of our portfolio (by value) comprises 70 multi-let industrial (MLI) estates spread across the UK with more than 850 tenants. They are engaged in a very wide range of businesses, serving the needs of their UK customers in their local communities or across the country. It is too early to say with any accuracy what the impact will be for these occupiers, although clearly some sectors are more directly impacted than others. We have written to all of our customers expressing our support and remain in close contact with them.
· Approximately 18% of our portfolio comprises three daily-needs retail centres in central Berlin, all of which are anchored by strong food retailers, and five retail warehouses in Germany, which are let to a bike and ski business.
· Approximately 13% of our portfolio comprises Trafalgar Court, the largest office building in Guernsey predominantly let on a long lease to Northern Trust with more than eight years remaining.
· 3% of our portfolio comprises a rehabilitation medical facility and health club business in Lugano, Switzerland. This has been required to close by order of local government and we are monitoring the position closely.
In this rapidly-evolving situation, we are well placed to respond to the challenges we face. In addition to low leverage and large cash balances, significant upgrades to our IT infrastructure carried out over the last 18 months have meant that our staff have adapted well to working from home and continue to collaborate effectively from different locations.
Stenprop remains a financially-sound business with a capital structure which is well placed to cope with a prolonged period of uncertainty.
For further information:
44(0)20 3918 6600
Numis Securities Limited (Financial Adviser)
44(0)20 7260 1000
Tavistock (PR Adviser)
44(0)20 7920 3150
Java Capital Trustees and Sponsors Proprietary Limited
27(0)11 722 3050
Stenprop is a Guernsey-registered UK REIT. The objective of the Company is to deliver sustainable growing income to its investors. Stenprop's investment policy is to invest in a diversified portfolio of UK multi-let industrial (MLI) properties with the strategic goal of becoming the leading MLI business in the UK. For further information, go to www.stenprop.com.